Occupation: Service Business, Auto Pro
Occupation:Orleans and Navan Autopro – President
Rebel Technologies – Founder and CEO
Personal and Professional Experiences:
• Ben acquired his Automotive Service Technician License with inter-provincial designation to become one of the youngest licensed technicians in Ontario at the age of 19. By the age of 22, Ben Lalonde was shop foreman of one of the largest Tire and Auto Service shops in Ottawa.
• 2 years later, Ben was promoted to Shop Manager and was headhunted for an overseas contract as Fleet Manager for Saudi Arabia’s largest fleet companies but turned it down to purchase his first shop.
• Struggling with the new stresses of the entire business complex, Ben was introduced to management training called as Proshop but soon became 1 of 5 National Management Trainers offering the course he took just a couple years earlier.
• Under Ben’s direction and management, Orleans Autopro was finalist for ”Service Business of the Year” in 2011, 2012 and 2013 and Nominee for “Business Person of the Year 2011″ by the Orleans Chamber of Commerce.
• In 2012, Ben received the prestigious award of “Business person of the Year” followed by “Sales and Service Business of the Year” in 2013.
• To further his knowledge, Ben completed his Executive MBA at the University of Ottawa Telfer School of Business which he graduated in June 2016.
• As a product of the EMBA, he has also started a software company designed to change how consumer deal with their repair shop.
• In June 2016, Ben was the recipient of the prestigious “Forty under 40” award which recognizes 40 local business leaders who continue to impact their community in a positive way.
• Under Ben’s leadership, Orleans Autopro received the “Gold Standard Award 2016” for business excellence in Canada. This is presented to the top 5% of shops in Canada in the Napa Autopro Network.
• In November 2016, Ben’s shops were once again nominated for “Service Business of the Year” and “Large Business of the Year” at the Orleans Chamber of Commerce.