Occupation: Field Reporter, Host of Ottawa Morning CBC RADIO
- Loves to travel, Hallie has been to Russia, Brazil, Vietnam, Greece and France.
- She is the mother of twins, ages 10
- Hallie grew up on a dairy farm in the Ottawa Valley.
Personal and Professional Experiences
- She brings a great range of experience and knowledge to the job. She's a go-to resource for the station on anything from banking to dairy farming, from military life to casinos, and we all know her love of sport makes her a terrific storyteller on that subject as well.
- Her shift is from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. When she fills in as host, the shift starts at 4 a.m., which means waking at 3:15 a.m.
- Started at CBC right out of Journalism school.
- She had a part-time job as a country music DJ in high-school.
- Studied economics, biology, history and English at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo.
- Worked for a couple of years in banking industry.
- Returned to Journalism School at Concordia University in Montreal.
- Worked in Quebec City, Montreal, Gaspe, Charlottetown, Iqaluit, Windsor, and Ottawa. Highlights include covering Ottawa Senators and covering aquatics at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.