Occupation: Airline pilot for First Air (Northern Canadian Airline)
- Native to Ottawa.
- Married for 19 years with two children who are currently in high school
- Competitive junior squash player
Personal and Professional Experiences
- Graduated University of Western Ontario with a Bachelor of Arts (Economics)
- Member of the University squash team which competed in the NCAA division 1 and OUAA
- Squash Professional at the Rideau Tennis and Squash Club in Ottawa for 4 years.
- Flight training at Rockcliffe Flying Club for private licence and the Ottawa Flying Club for night rating, instrument rating, and commercial licence.
Hired at First Air since 1998 and progressed through multiple aircraft
- Boeing 727 second officer
- DHC-6 Twin Otter first officer
- HS748 Hawker Siddley first officer
- ATR42 Aérospatiale Transport Régionale first officer
- Boeing 737-200 first officer
- ATR42 captain
- Boeing 737-400 first officer
- Previous ground school & simulator instructor, flight instructor and ACP (approved check pilot) for ATR-42
- Flying has included locations serviced with ice strips, gravel runways, paved runways and off strip locations, I've seen most of the north of Canada.
- I've been based in Iqaluit and Resolute Nunavut for rotations for 4 years and lived 10 years in Yellowknife (NWT).