Occupation: Retired Superintendent of Schools Member of Public School Board, Distress Call Centre - Helpline
Personal and Professional Experiences
- Kidney Dialysis patient
- Organ Donation recipient
- Ottawa Distress Centre Call Centre
- Mike now serves as a passionate volunteer and President of the Distress Centre of Ottawa and Region. He supports the community in times of stress or crisis.
- He continues to serve as an organizer for the Capital Region Music Festival.
- In July 2013 I became a very grateful recipient of a new kidney.
- Mike was living with kidney failure; he endured dialysis treatments throughout the week, and then went through major surgery to have his kidneys replaced.
- Mike is now retired after a 42 year career in public education serving as a chemistry teacher, principal, and superintendent of schools.
- Mike has many views on the perspective to education, he discusses the "old times" vs. current status in schooling.
I have a son ( and also a goddaughter) who have chosen a career in the performing arts field. I can comment on a parent's perspective of having a descendent going in this direction.