Personal and Professional Experiences
- Born and raised in Orleans, Ottawa (however, I did live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, between the ages of 1-4)
- Graduated from Sir Wilfrid Laurier in 2011 and continued school at the University of Ottawa with a degree in Communications. I was able to complete my first year, however, I was miserable. I had learned quickly through that year that I was not cut our for university. My parents also told me I wasn't meant to sit behind a desk for the rest of my life.
- Summer of 2012, I began looking into Cosmetology. I stumbled upon Versailles Academy, which is a private school located in South Keys, Ottawa. Versailles specializes in Cosmetology, Esthetics and Special Effects Makeup.
- I began my journey as a Hairstyling student January, 2013, at Versailles Academy. It was a long, difficult, 10 month program. 36 hours of school a week.
- I graduated as a Hairstylist and Makeup Artist from Versailles Academy, November 1st, 2013.
- I am currently working as a full time Hairstylist at Synergy Spa and Blades Hair Salon, here in Orleans. I LOVE it! Since the beginning of my career as a Hairstylist, I began to date my current boyfriend, my best friend, and one of my biggest supporters, for the last three and a half years. I have also been the same for him. We started dating 2 months into his 1st year of his undergrad. He is now set to graduate from Carleton University in June with a degree in Sociology, Bachelor of Arts. During his studies at Carleton he has also played 4 seasons with their hockey team. While Corey has been with the Carleton Ravens, their team has gone to National's twice (1st and 3rd year). He was also asked to tryout for University Team Canada to play at the University games, FISU 2017, in Almaty, Kazahkstan, which he later made Team Canada and placed Bronze, at the winter games. We have a child and by child I mean, a dog. She is now 2.5 years old, and the love of our lives. Paisley is a Siberian Husky and German Shepherd mix who is very playful, energetic and lovable. She helps keep us healthy and active. Life seems to go by pretty quick once your high school career is done. I am very grateful for my family, boyfriend and his family. They have all been so enthusiastic and encouraging over the past years. I love what I do everyday and I am afraid not many people in this world are capable of saying that.