Dr. Roz Labow
Occupation: Adjunct Professor in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Ottawa
Personal and Professional Experiences
- Dr. Rosalind Labow was Director of the Taichman Laboratory at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute from 1988 until 2014.
- She is an adjunct professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Ottawa.
- Dr. Labow received her undergraduate education at McGill University, and her MS and PhD at the University of Michigan.
- Her post-doctoral fellowship was carried out at the New York State Department of Health in Albany, NY.
- From 1983 to 1988 she was a research scientist for the Canadian Red Cross
- She is currently collaborating on a grant that is investigating how to tissue engineer an artificial vascular graft that could be used to replace peripheral arteries.
- Dr. Labow has also traveled to Nicaragua twice a year, assisting in various surgical missions.