Dr. Stanley Labow
Occupation: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Personal and Professional Experiences
- Began to practise plastic and reconstructive surgery in 1968 at the Ottawa Hospital where he served as chief of the division from 1998-2008.
- Education includes a Pharmacy degree from the University of Montreal followed by Medicine at the University of Ottawa.
- Dr. Labow trained at the University of Michigan; followed by Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York.
- Since 2007 he has travelled on two surgical missions per year to Nicaragua where he volunteers and operates at a teaching hospital in the small city of Boaco.
- Some of his plastic surgery procedures include, but are not limited to: tumours of the head and neck, hand surgery and skin lesions with some emergency trauma in the main operating room.
- Dr. Labow believes that teaching students at all levels is an important component of his practice both in Ottawa and Nicaragua.
- He has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University since 1998.
- Those who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine are welcome to observe and learn from him.