Occupation: Airline pilot for First Air (Northern Canadian Airline)
- Native to Ottawa.
- Married for 19 years with two children who are currently in high school
- Competitive junior squash player
Personal and Professional Experiences
- Graduated University of Western Ontario with a Bachelor of Arts (Economics)
- Member of the University squash team which competed in the NCAA division 1 and OUAA
- Squash Professional at the Rideau Tennis and Squash Club in Ottawa for 4 years.
- Flight training at Rockcliffe Flying Club for private licence and the Ottawa Flying Club for night rating, instrument rating, and commercial licence.
- Hired at First Air since 1998 and progressed through multiple aircraft
- Boeing 727 second officer
- DHC-6 Twin Otter first officer
- HS748 Hawker Siddley first officer
- ATR42 Aérospatiale Transport Régionale first officer
- Boeing 737-200 first officer
- ATR42 captain
- Boeing 737-400 first officer
- Previous ground school & simulator instructor, flight instructor and ACP (approved check pilot) for ATR-42
- Flying has included locations serviced with ice strips, gravel runways, paved runways and off strip locations, I’ve seen most of the north of Canada.
- I’ve been based in Iqaluit and Resolute Nunavut for rotations for 4 years and lived 10 years in Yellowknife (NWT).