“While every refugee’s story is different and their anguish personal, they all share a common thread of uncommon courage – the courage not only to survive, but to persevere and rebuild their shattered lives.” – Antonio Guterras, former High Commissioner UNHCR.
Occupation: Matthew House Ottawa, Refugee Services Member Agency of Refugee 613
Personal and Professional Experiences
- Kailee Brennan works as a Program Manager of Matthew House of Ottawa, a shelter for asylum seekers in Canada. She helps newcomers navigate the refugee claim system, get their status in Canada, and establish a sense of home in a new country. Kailee cares deeply for the wellbeing of refugees in her community, and enjoys networking with like-minded service providers and individuals to ease the transition of resettlement and to uphold the dignity of refugees as they begin new chapters in their lives.
- Kailee is originally from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- She has a background in education and a passion for working with newcomers to Canada
- She can often be found at the kitchen table at the Refugee Services working on various projects for their residents
- Before taking on the role of Program Manager, Kailee was a dedicated volunteer at Matthew House Ottawa: Refugee Services
- Having just finished a Master’s degree in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration, Kailee has partnered her interest in global refugee issues with practical, frontline experience on the local level