Occupation: Lawyer, NHL Player Agent, Business
PARTNER, Kelly Santini LLP Barristers & Solicitors (1976 – present)
- Founding partner of Kelly Santini, an Ottawa-based firm (40+ lawyers) delivering a broad range of legal services in corporate, real estate, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, technology and insurance law. Ensures a strong customer and client-orientation of professional and administrative staff members to promote high standards, consistent service, and timely delivery on commitments.
- Negotiates complex commercial transactions, involving multiple institutions, jurisdictions, and millions of dollars in financing.
- Negotiated and arbitrated for the Canadian Intercollegiate Athletic Union; was named one of the ten worldwide Arbitrators for the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international soccer body, and participated in the 2008 CARHA World Cup City Selection Committee
- DIRECTOR, Canadian Operations and International Hockey
Octagon Athlete Representation (2000 – 2012) &
PRESIDENT, Kelly Management Group Inc. (1979 – 2000)
- Founder and President of Kelly Management Group In, and subsequently Director, Canadian Operations and International Hockey.
- Provided ongoing agency services to professional athletes, specializing in a large roster of National Hockey League player Assists players in developing strategic positions, and provides individual advice and mentoring on best ways to maneuver through complex situations.
- Pursued an interest in negotiating professional sports contracts, which resulted in the development of the second largest hockey representation agency, in terms of number of clients, in North America.
- Experience in media relations, providing ongoing information and interviews for television, radio and print media, as needed.
- DIRECTOR & VICE PRESIDENT, Kelly Funeral Homes Limited (1980 – 2006)
- Key contributor to decision-making in all the strategic and operational decisions associated with operating a complex and growing business.
- Successfully developed and carried out major transformation to best position the business to successfully respond to significant changes in the industry.
- COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Current and previous positions
- Special Advisor to the President, St. Francis Xavier University
- Member of the Advisory Board of Directors Reilly Centre for Science Technology and Values at Notre Dame University South Bend Indiana
- Co-Chair, Major Gifts, St. Francis Xavier Capital Campaign
- Chair, St. Patrick’s Home Bed Campaign
- Chair, St. Patrick’s Home Capital Campaign
- Director/Vice-President, Kelly Funeral Homes Limited
- Chair, General Hospital Foundation
- Board Member, University Of Ottawa/Ottawa General Hospital
- Member of the Board of Governors, St. Francis Xavier University
- Board Member, Infrastructure Ontario, Risk Management Committee; Governance and Compensation Committee
- Chair, Eye Institute Fundraising Campaign, Ottawa General Hospital
- Director/Part Owner, Ottawa Lynx Triple “A” Baseball Club
- Named one of the ten worldwide Arbitrators for the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the international soccer body.
- Kelly Santini was the first firm in Canada to be asked to join the US National and International Association of Law Firms.
- Named the recipient of the Gordon Henderson Award for outstanding contributions to the community.