Steve and Liz Rollwage
Occupation: Retired Military and Teacher
“Germany, France, Austria, Italy, Spain, England, Scotland, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Poland, Russia, Finland, Turkey, Greece and Egypt, Peru, Ecuador and the Galapagos… it was all a wonderful adventure!”
Personal and Professional Experiences: Liz
- Born in Kingston, Ontario on 20 February 1947..
- Attended Peterborough Teachers College and began teaching at Cathedral School in Kingston in 1967. Taught Grade 7 and 8 Math and Science in 1970 and 1971.
- Married to Stefan Rollwage at St. John Catholic Church in Kingston on 5 July 1969.
- Taught Grade 7 and 8 Science at Holy Cross Catholic School in Ottawa
- Graduated from Queen’s University at Kingston with a BA (Economics) in 1983
- Taught at St. Matthew Catholic High School in Orleans starting in 1983, full time from 1986. Moved to St. Peter Catholic High School when it opened in 1993; Department Head of Business Studies and taught Economics and Accounting.
- Because my husband was an army officer in the in the Canadian Forces and then joined the Federal Public Service, I had the opportunity to live in many different places: Ottawa (1969 – 1971), Winnipeg (1971 – 1975), Lahr, Germany (1975 – 1978), Kingston (1978 – 1983), Ottawa (1983 to the present)
Personal and Professional Experiences: Steve
- Born in Braunschweig, Germany on 3 January 1947
- Emigrated to Canada by ship with my parents in October 1953.
- Commissioned as a Lieutenant in the Canadian Army in August 1968.
- Retired from the Canadian Forces in 1981
- Established my own consulting practice, specializing in administration and public procurement management.
- Finally completely retired in 2012 to focus on enjoying life with my family
- I was fortunate to have three successful careers.
- Not only did service with the military provide me with an excellent academic education, it gave me the opportunity to be able to do many different and exciting jobs, it prepared me with a broad spectrum of professional knowledge and management skills at a much earlier age than otherwise.
- It proved to be a springboard for success with my second career in the federal public service.
- As with the military, I had the opportunities to move through a series of increasingly responsible and different jobs
- It turned out all that professional experience, credibility and academic education provided me with an excellent start as a consultant.
- They then went to Puerto Vallarta every year for a week or so, until 1997. They spent about six months in Washington DC and then six months in a small town just north of Puerto Vallarta, Bucerias.
- They went to places with a UNESCO World Heritage designation because of their cultural and historical significance.
- These are places such as Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende, Zacatecas, Mexico City, Uruapan, Patzcuaro, all with wonderful artisans, Spanish colonial heritage and architecture dating back to the 1500’s.
- It in almost impossible to explain every the climates, cultures, animals and people Steve and Liz have experienced through all their travelling. They will be able to share with you all the areas they have been and what experiences they have gained from other people and how they live their lives.