“You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.””
Occupation: Case Coordinator in mental health, CHEO
- Steve values the personal/professional relationships, which inspire him daily. In his spare time he enjoys spending time with family and friends and relaxing at the cottage.
- He also is an avid sports fan.
Personal and Professional Experiences
- He has 26 years of experience working as a leader in inpatient and day treatment settings both at the CHEO and the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre.
- His passion is to support children, adolescents and caregivers navigate a health system to best meet their complex mental health needs.
- Steve acts as a resource to community hospitals, agencies, and community services.
- He supports efforts to demystify mental health and reduce stigma to create a climate that encourages those in need to seek services and be better understood.
- Steve also teaches staff crisis management and is incorporating the exciting evidenced based approach of Collaborative Problem Solving in his day treatment program.
- This approach is resulting in worldwide positive outcomes and continues to bring communities together to serve individuals collaboratively